Monday 24 March 2014

Patterns patterns patterns...





My first experience of Lee Mills has been very positive and enjoyable. I really enjoyed meeting with and talking to our contacts, they were very welcoming and lovely to talk too. It was a great feeling to be invited into such an amazing atmosphere where we got to see such beautiful samples and artefacts; things which hold much history and fascinating stories that are otherwise lost if it were not for the guild, I feel privileged to be able to be a small part of this.

I really enjoyed sorting through the pattern leaflets, I found it relaxing and quite therapeutic getting away from the busyness of university for a while looking at patterns and a glimpses of history, it is really quite inspiring to have that time to think.

Whilst sorting through the leaflets Barbra had asked us to keep aside any patterns we found particularly interesting and attractive to help her with an article she is writing where she wants to include some of the patterns that members of the guild might want to knit. 
Here are some of the patterns I picked out



I chose this pattern because I love the thick band around the bottom it might be a bit dated now but I think it is attractive enough to be worn again. (I would wear it)
 

I chose this pattern because it is unisex and not exclusive to just women; it is also a very simple but attractive design which is not dated. I think this design could be enjoyed again by many. 



This pattern I think is very wearable depending on the colour of wool. Something that could be worn with everything and it looks very good for keeping warm. I think it is something a lot of people would be glad to own.



I really like the pattern of this I think it is quirky and individual, I don’t know if it would be a popular design now but maybe a few people would enjoy it I certainly would.





No comments:

Post a Comment