Wednesday 26 March 2014

Abbey Price- Drawing From Photographs Of Knit Swatches From The Knit Pattern Books

As my focus and interest within the group project is based on the idea of linking drawing and print to knit In the visit to Lee Mills this week whilst helping out sorting through some knit patterns I took photographs of some of the knit structures I thought I could develop drawings from. These are the images of the knits I thought would be suitable to draw from. :









My next task is to develop a range of drawings from these images which I want to be a part of my section of the group article. I also think it will be interesting to link the drawing studies from the knits in to my own practice to show and promote how the Lee Mills archive can inspire and interest people within the practice of art and design.

-By Abbey Price

No comments:

Post a Comment