Monday 24 March 2014

Knitted toys and objects




 
 I have taken an interest in miscellaneous knitted object and toys and have started to look at some in the mill. They all interest me because they are innovative ideas, they are skilfully made and it is possible that the patterns were made up so they are experimental, and they are individual in their design and in their purpose.


Dominoes





This is a set of domino cards with I carry box; the knit patterns and the colours make the dominoes match. I think this is a wonderful, inventive and experimental idea, it’s not conventional and it’s ideal for children. This toy holds a fun and tactile experience it is also very charming.

Cacti



The person that has made this set of cacti is very skilful; these cacti are a stunningly accurate translation of the real thing. They are entertaining, quirky, and creative as well as being original and imaginative. 

Tea party

 






A lot of work has gone into this set there are so many parts all carefully and accurately made. I really love the teapot set it has been covered in a sugar solution so that it hardens and keeps its shape and the gold yarn gives it added detail. I also really love the little sandwiches and cakes they are so delightful, cute and realistic. This set is unique, attractive and defiantly something special.     
 
Russian dolls



These dolls are great each little doll slips into each other like a Russian doll and they also double up as puppets; they are another imaginative idea that is unconventional, amusing and enjoyable and they have a quaint design. 

Crown



This crown is luxurious it has glittery yarns and gems; I admire its construction it looks like it was carefully planned out. It is and unusual piece and I think that’s what makes it special and unique. These photographs don’t do it justice in real life it is much more impressive. 

Food and Christmas decorations




These pieces just made me simile particularly the pork sausages! They are entertaining little toys and decorations that bring cheer and individuality.

I want to take these fantastic things home with me and I really enjoyed looking through them, I can’t wait to see what interesting things I can find next time at the mill. 
-Evangeline-

No comments:

Post a Comment